Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Choices...

    Making a choice is one of the hardest things we do in life. It always brings about some sort of change. How do you make yours?  I always have to evaluate my choices after I make them.  Were they good, were they bad, did I have to make it that quickly/slowly?

    My least favorite way to have to make choices is in response to someone else's choices.  When someone you love makes a choice that changes everything, you then have to follow that up with a choice of your own.  Those choices feel so forced at the time and are ones that I try hard to get someone else to make for me.  Often trying to convince them to point to the choice only to find out they will only help me aim toward my own choice.  Still all mine to make.  Yuck!

    I love the choices that you have time to really pray over.  I feel I have all the time in the world to come to a decision.  These choices are fun!  Often they lead to huge life changes but don't feel at all uncomfortable to make.  They feel very planned and thought out.  When they finally become reality it is a relief and exciting!

    All I know is that in all choices, they go much better if I pray about them first.  It doesn't matter how big or small.  God just asks that we ask Him in all things.  Then continue to seek Him as the change from our choices happen.  So, since I can't avoid making choices, I will do my best to ask the One in charge of the path my life will take.  Life just goes better this way. 
 
 
  http://www.ellenstumbo.com/we-chose-to-adopt-a-child-special-needs/

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Completely! Wish all my choices were made with prayer.
    And it is sad when other people's choices affect us, makes me wonder how many times my choices have hurt others.

    ReplyDelete