Monday, November 4, 2013

By a Thread

    I'm holding on by a thread.  This is how it feels most days. A feeling I am not used to.  I am the even keeled one.  Not the one only holding on by a thread.

    A separation that was unwanted, unexpected, and so against how I thought life would be.  I am holding on...

    Little boys who think they are big.  Not big enough to deal well with all that life has just dealt them.  I can't understand it most days, how can they?  We are holding on...

    One child who has such animosity toward me.  I give him the care and love that I know how each day.  Try to keep my patience no matter what he brings that day.  Try to stay consistent knowing it is best for him.  He throws all the "bad" that he can think of each day at me.  I am holding on...

    A friend who shares a heart wrenching part of her life.  All I can do is pray and hope God hears and reveals Himself in it.  That He brings clarity to her.  I am sad with her and can't imagine being where she is.  I am holding on...

    In it all I know that the thread I am holding on to is attached to Jesus.  Maybe His robe, maybe His hair, maybe He is just holding the other end.  All I know is it is how I do each day.  I am holding on...ellenstumbo.com/im-living-the-contradiction

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. Keep holding on. Jesus is most definitely holding on to the other end of the thread. Just keep holding on each day.

    ReplyDelete