Friday, September 26, 2014

Peace and Quiet

     Peace, quiet, aaahhh!  How often do we crave it and yet never seem to find it.  Our world is busy! 

This is what I am experiencing tonight.  It has been a long time (maybe 6 weeks) since having this much quiet at my house. 

How often does God wonder when He will get to experience the quiet of our voices, thoughts, and just to sit and be?  Does He have to wait 6 weeks for this from us?  Does He have to wait even longer?  Shouldn't He have that from us every day at some point?

The silence in my home is not always comfortable.  After about an hour, I am creating my own noise.  Radio, t.v., talking to myself out loud, talking to my dog.  Just to fill the space with some sound again.  Why?  Why can we not just let it be so quiet it hurts? 

In our silent times we should be seeking God and sharing our silence with Him.  We might just hear Him and all He has wanted to share with us for so long while so patiently waiting for our silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment