Sunday, March 2, 2014

Forgiveness......and Grace

    I have recently been through a rough week.  One where I spent some of it trying to live in the past and some of it trying to live in the future.  None of it trying to live in the present.  This brings Satan on like nothing else, by the way.

    Ever have those times when you just can't seem to forgive yourself?  Through sharing this week with a great friend, I found out I wasn't forgiving myself.  Do you know God has already forgiven us?  Why then can we sometimes not forgive ourselves?

    I learned that by not forgiving myself, I am refusing what God has already given freely--GRACE!
He can forgive me.  I had already recognized my part in my mess.  I had already asked forgiveness for it.  He has already covered my sin and moved on.  He is already trying to lead me down the path of my life that He has next for me.  I was standing still while He beckoned from ahead.

    Receive the grace God has given.  Grace is the undeserved forgiveness of ALL we have done and could ever do.  It is a free gift just by believing in Him, His son Jesus, and accepting it.  Just reach out and take the present.  Unwrap it and live in a freedom you can't imagine.


1 comment:

  1. I like the statement that God beckons you from ahead of where you are standing

    ReplyDelete