Wednesday, October 2, 2013

An Open Letter to God

An Open Letter to God
 
    Think, think, think...
 
An open letter to who?  Hmmm?
 
 
    And my Lord is the only place/person that comes to my mind.
 
    I have so many things going on in my life that make it nothing but questions.  Why do some families get given children that are "normal" and other families get given children with "special needs"?  Why do some marriages last forever and some barely last at all?  Why do You allow wars, earthquakes that bury a land, tornadoes and hurricanes that wipe out whole towns, states and countries?  And the questions could go on...
 
    Some of these You answer when I pray about them.  Many of these You say nothing about.  You often tell me "rely on Me".  You often say "trust Me, I made this world".  You often just says "trust".
 
    In it all I know that You are God!  This makes my heart be at peace. This gives me relief in knowing I don't need to know everything because You do.  I am filled with joy that can come from nowhere else.  Certainly not from the world filled with people ready to knock me down at every chance.
 
    All choices, all journeys and all of life can be done well if I remember to turn to You before...I do anything!  Even tough stuff becomes bearable with You as my guide.  You sit with me when no one else can or does.  You carry me when I don't think I can walk this road any more.  You hold my hand as long as I stay with You and don't try to run ahead of You or walk off the path on my own.
 
    You are my love, my life and my guider.  With You all things are possible.  There is strength I didn't think possible because it is not mine but Yours.  I thank you, God, for being my creator and knowing my life and where it is going.  I love You above all else.  I only wish to share You with everyone.  I long to be with You now and in eternity.
 
Your Created Being,
 
Me
 
 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment